Dinner invite?

okay my roommate invited me out for dinner and later said you owed them would you say no the next time they asked you out?

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• did they pay or something? if so then ya I would buy next time, but I wouldnt actually give them cash or anything. And next time she says hey wanna go out, specify that you are each paying for your own meals and this will never come up again. I go out with friends ALL the time and we always pay for ourselves

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No, no one should EXPECT anything on an invite. It should be from the heart and for the company. Not because they want something in return.

Answer by bjojola at 2:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No...sounds like it was just a misunderstanding.

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• The next time I would ask up front how they wanted to handle the bill- 2 separate checks or split the bill.

Answer by MizLee at 2:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• If it was a room mate then I would expect that we would both pick up our own tab.

Answer by Melbornj at 2:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• if my room mate asked me if I wanted to go our for dinner I would have paid for myself just because they invite you doesn't mean they should have to pay for you too. If they insisted on paying for you then you owe them nothing just from now on pay for yourself when you go out. If they think you owe them-take them to taco bell ;)

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2010