Need Help Deciding Which Accessory for the Christmas Photo?

3 dogs, 1 pony, 1 cat and 2 kids in front of our home for the Christmas card photo this year. 9 year Boy is in red sweater with brown corduroys, and 5 year girl is in white cable sweater with red corduroys.

Which accessory option below would you choose, #1, 2 or 3? Why?

1.Size appropriate wreaths around only the pets' necks.
2. santa hats on all
3.fun patterned scarves around all

If all goes as planned the dogs will also each be holding a big red and gold christmas tree ornanment by the string...lol

spottedpony

Asked by spottedpony at 2:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Hm.. with that many species, I would just go for everyone wearing SOMETHING that coordinates, like all in red (whether collar or halter or hat or sweater etc) or something. I wouldn't try for everyone having exactly the same accessory. '

But then again, you sound pretty ambitious, so maybe what *I* would do isn't all that helpful to you! If you really think you can pull it off and it will be worth the effort (hey, I don't know your animals, maybe they're super-cooperative!), then I would say the scarves.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

:o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I don't think you need any accessories.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• None of the above - it is going to be so busy already, accessories are just going to turn into eyesores. Leave it as it is.
    Anonymous

• So thanks for actually answering the question FelipesMom!

Every year we do a card with props and a theme. One year everyone was on a sled, even the dogs! I have plenty of professional portraits of the children and the pets au natural. And no, it won't turn into an eyesore when it is set up properly. I work with commercial photographers who set up scenes like this and profit from it...where do you think I got the idea of the scarves...lol! Yes, the animals all get along, several have been in print ads, commercials and tv shows...they are trained and easy to photograph.
    spottedpony

Comment by spottedpony (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010