ebay??

How does ebay work?? I have been using craigslist for a few years now and I LOVE it but now I'm wanting to start using ebay too.. But I dont really understand it that well.. The thing I like about craigslist is you can meet somewhere and SEE the item before you buy it.. But ebay you cant.. What do I need to know about ebay before I try to use it.. &&what do you like better??

KBM99

Asked by KBM99 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Shopping

• I only used it once just the other week and I was extremly scared I never used anything like that before. I just went through paypal which was also a first and placed my order but I spent ten dollars It was for cupcake toppers. I got my items pretty fast and was able to track my order which made me feel better
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 2:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Ebay has a long list of FAQs. You should really read those. It helped clarify a lot of things for me before I set up my account.

Once you start selling, my best advice to you is never, ever, ship an item until you have been paid.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I LOVE ebay! LOL I get stuff off there all the time! But a few tips for you 1. DO NOT bid on anything unless you have the money for it or will have the money for it when the auction ends because if you do not pay in a timely manner you will get a case opened on you and if you still don't pay (unforseen things do come up in life) they can put unpaid strikes on your account and suspend it after 3 unpaid strikes BUT if you contact the seller and explain your problem you can probably get them to give you more time or relist the item. 2. Buy it now items are a much better bet, you can search for something you want but lets say you dont get paid for 2 weeks? no problem find something that will be listed for atleast 15 more days and put it on your watch list so you can get to it on payday and buy it. 3. look for free shipping. 4. ALWAYS READ the whole ad & info b/c they do try to fool you by showing you say a picture of a playpen....
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Only when you click on the ad thinking you just found a playpen for $59.99 what you may overlook if you don't read everything is the fact that it's not the playpen for sale but a "Slip cover" thats just basically something to change the look/design/pattern of a playpen. 5. If you need to know something the seller did not mention then ask them before you bid or buy. 6. Always make sure you see how much shipping will be before you bid or buy. 7. Do not let anyone else have your PW. 8. Have fun!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Oh and one other thing, Beware of buying jewelry on there a lot of stuff is deceptive, 1 item I purchased was a supposed 925 sterling silver necklace but the only thing sterling silver is the clasp the rest is fake. Then I purchased what was supposed to be a sterling silver ring which turned out to be plated not real silver.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010