Sinus Issue -- HELP

Okay ladies. I am about 17 weeks now and for about the last month I have had the worst sinus situation going. I read somewhere that something in the sinuses gets inflamed when you are pregnant. Could this be my problem? I constantly am blowing my nose -- like I have a cold -- but I have no cold symptoms.

Should I call the ol Doctor?

BlandBaby

Asked by BlandBaby at 2:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes...try some vicks soothing cream just to help you breathe easier in the meantime
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It sounds like it is normal for what you are dealing with. I would call your doc just to make sure that you don't have a latent infection going on.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I dealt with this for about two months. My nose was so raw it felt awful, but it did finally clear up. I had been starting to think it was an allergy I'd developed to something in my apartment. I went from constantly blowing my nose to only having to blow it right after I get up in the morning. About 4 days worth of children's doses of benadryl helped at the end. I took a dose in the morning when I got up, then one a few hours later. Just the children's benadryl tho..GL Talk to your dr.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I am pretty sure it is normal it is just one of those pregnancy symptoms that does not get much recognition. I had the same problem with my second. I always felt like I had a head cold because my nose was soo stuffed up but I was blowing it all the time.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Try natural saline spray
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 4:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I had problems with it for 3 1/2 months. I tried everything including a neti pot and NOTHING helped. It finally tapered off and quit. It was terrible. Ask your doctor for help.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You could try LORATADINE, it's available over the counter and it's what my midwife prescribed when I was complaining of a cold/sinus issues...it helped a little, but taking pills often made me gag and vomit because I had such awful morning sickness.
    Nawti

Answer by Nawti at 1:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2010