Does anyone have any advice for a poriasis sufferer?

ladybug6466

Asked by ladybug6466 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Health

• use a very strong dandruff shampoo for your hair...as a cream if its on your skin
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• clobetesol, (sp?) its a steroid liquid that you apply to the affected area. When you first start it, it feels like your pouring straight alcohol on it and it sucks but it does REALLY improve the problem.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• get rid of chemicals! the average american puts over 300 chemicals on their skin just by showering and getting ready for the day. that is a LOT on your skin if you already have a skin problem. My son had skin issues and we decided to go green for other reasons, but literally in a day his skin issues were gone. they rarely flair up again and if it does, then we use a special dry skin lotion on it that i buy online. I use it on my legs when i shave too because my skin is so sensitive. I actually work for a wellness company, so i am constantly researching and educating myself about health concerns and what can effect it. I have a pretty big file on skin conditions, causes, tips, etc. Feel free to message me and i will send it on over to you. I dont know if you are comfortable buying things online either, but the store that i buy all of my stuff from has a big pack that has that lotion, a bath oil, body wash and hand wash.
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 3:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I have it terrible on my scalp at various times during the year. I have found a few things that help, but sometimes it is still bad. Prescription Shampoo: Nizoral 2%. I think it comes in generic now, but if not, I have ordered it from bluesky pharmacy in Canada to get it cheaper, and wouldn't need prescription.

I also use Tea Tree shampoo, purchased at whole foods. It can help with mild cases, or is good in between Nizoral treatments. Most recently, I have been using Rosemary Mint (by Aveda). It seems very refreshing and has not irritated my scalp.

I'm currently pregnant, so it seems to be better at the current moment :) I have not used the Nizoral since I got pregnant.

Good luck, I know it is trial & error. I feel for you because I know how painful it can be.
    Eyvette

Answer by Eyvette at 4:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2010