Were u scared to get your first epidural? Or did u refuse it all together? Would u do it again?

I can't decide b/t epi or natural no-meds.... I'm scared either way... I just wanna hear some experiences... thx

Luvmyfam7

Asked by Luvmyfam7 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My epi was awesome. I didn't feel the needle going in, but I had enough sensation to feel contractions. That man was a genius.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i had one with all 3.. and i can't complain about the first and 3rd. the second wasn't done right, the doc was an ass. my left thigh was a little numb but that was it, and i got a spinal migraine for over a week and they never even offered a blood patch to fix it (at the time i didn't know they could do that)
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I cried my eyes out when the epi doctor came it I was so happy to see him. I would get it in a heard beat, I dont know if I have the strength to go natural, it's not the contractions as much as it's the stretching and taring skin.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I was trying to go natural, but ended up with an emergency c-section. The epidural went fine and was amazing. If I was to do it again, I would go all the way with a natural birth. BTW I was at 7 cm when they did my epi.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• The epi was great, they're better than labor pains and don't hurt. Just a little pinch. Do what you want, but you're far from a failure if you get one. People always say "women have been doing this for centuries without meds- its natural!" Well honey, I bet if I offered them a pain free labor, they'd all take me up on it! ;)
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 2:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I had an emergency c-section, and can't remember much about the epidural. I remember them telling me to lean forward, and then I remember laying down on the operating table. It was a very scary time, but I don't think th epidural scared me then. It scares me now, knowing I'm going to have a c-section this time, and with it the epidural. I'm very nervous about it...
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 2:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I had c-sections. One with a spinal, the others were with an epidural. If I had to choose...epi was way better. They can give more med if they need to.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I wasn't afraid of getting an epidural, I just didn't want one. I didn't ask for one until I hit transitional labor (about 68 hours into labor). They tried to give it to me since my labor had been so slow, but they didn't get to me in time. By the time they started prepping me, I was sitting on her head. Literally. So, I got my drug free labor, like I wanted. The only reason I even asked was because I was SOOO tired. I hadn't slept more than 15 minutes (total) in 3 days, and I hadn't been able to eat for two or three days, also, because the hospital wouldn't feed me.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• my plan was to have gas n air but sadly complications arose when i was 33weeks and had an emergency c-section i wasnt even awake for it either i woke up 2days later n just remember having pain n hardly walk
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i know have back soreness from mine that i got from my first baby 4 1/2 yrs ago, I didn't get 1 with my last baby, which I'm glad i didn't. I would only get one if i was having a c-section that's its!
    Well with my first i got it at 5cm and after they came me the epidural i layed down and i said something doesn't feel right, So they checked me and I was 9cm. so 15 minutes later she was born!
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 3:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2010