Question About Obama...

Please don't get me wrong. I did not vote for Obama. However, I am happy to see such a large part of the nation was color-blind yesterday. The bible says that God created man in His image. The bible does not state that God created "white" man in His image. I do hope that this is a positive step foward in equality for ALL skin colors. With that being said, I have noticed that before the election people were talking about how Obama is only 1/2 black, with his mother being white. Today as I listened to some black commentators, news reporters, Condaleeza Rice, the list goes on...talk about how he is the first black man in the White House. Why aren't they still talking about him being 1/2 black? Did he turn fully black overnight just because he's president? All I'm hearing is a "black pride" attitude. He is still half white, is he not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Ok. I am SO not trying to be ugly, and I didn't vote for Obama, but I am about sick of this silly Q. It as been asked at least 6 times today alone and a few times yesterday too!
    Anonymous

• That's nice. I don't have time to keep searching through all the questions from the past two days. It was on my mind. I asked. You didn't have to answer. Could have ignored it.
    Anonymous

• Let them have their celebration...when he messes something up, he'll be half white again. I'm not saying this because I'm trying to be rude but that seems to be the way that people think. I still consider him to be biracial and even that is still a great accomplishment. MLK had the dream, Obama made it a reality and I can see why they are proud...I am proud that we have someone that has broken the mold...but I bet you people will start to say he is half white when he does something wrong. I've wanted an AA as president for quite sometime now, but I wanted it to be an AA woman, all of the AA women in my life just have this personality about them that says "I'm not taking shit from anyone" and I like that.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 11:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• LOL.......................OPRAH
    savvya

Answer by savvya at 11:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• When the world looks at me, they see a blond-haired white woman.

They look at Obama and see a black man, plain and simple.

I will never pretend to know how monumental this election was to anyone who is African American. I'm just extremely proud I played a small part in it.

And though I didn't support her, if Hillary had been elected, I would have been proud that women have come far enough that it was even possible..and gender isn't supposed to matter, either.

It's a step forward. Progress. How can anyone find fault with that?

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 11:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yea the race factor is playing a part in it and that is wrong....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Actually a person's race is determined by whatever race their father was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Actually I think a very large number of African Americans in America have some white (or latino) in them......... like their great great great great great great great great great grandma was white? There are numerous blacks who are descendents of Thomas Jefferson (I think, maybe its a different pres, but its one of them.)

I think since he looks black he is black.

Otherwise you'd basically have to say that alot of blacks in our society were biracial.
    Anonymous

• well, i see a chance to turn this country around! not a black man, not a half- black man, not another 4 yrs of the same. That is what I see when I look at him. I also see a man whom I enjoy listening to, unlike the curent CIC, who i cringe every time he speaks, hoping like hell he dosent make us look worse...
    i see Change, the slogan. I really do, i see alot getting ready to be switched around, for the better. I see an economy on the upswing, I see a housing market renewed, I see a health care system that will actually be FOR the PEOPLE, not the drug companies and docs who distribute. I see the majic of science getting ready to play a HUGE roll in alot of ppls lives!! I see more jobs & better status
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 12:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yes the race is playing a big part. And I see its mostly whites. (I'm white and i think its pretty sad).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2008