is there something out there

i know what i believe n some of you wont believe me, but last year i was very close to dying n i saw the light n it was blocked by shadows n someone telling me it wasnt my time n then someone took my hand n guieded me back down has anyone else ever had such an experience or believe there is a light out there after death

angelbaby1323

Asked by angelbaby1323 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Never had the experience but I believe it can happen, God works in mysterious ways.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• wow i've always wondered about that. Not to creep anyone out, but i wish i could have an experience like that... i would like my life with renewed purpose.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 3:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Just your oxygen-starved brain dying and nothing more. It's a fact that scientists have been able to re-created so called near death experiences using drugs or electric stimulation of the brain- so it's a natural physical phenomenon and nothing more.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Like UhartU said, it's something that can be recreated.  Pretty neat, actually.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvxFXkv7L24

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• That is amazing!! God is good!!! Don't forget to fulfill your purpose on earth, that is why it was not your time yet.

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It is documented medical fact that you hallucinate when your brain is starved of oxygen, and begins to die. It is something that can be medically recreated, and is a common report of people who have been close to their expiration date.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Interesting OP I have heard things like this from an aunt who is a nurse... she believes it is real and not just scientific either.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No, I have never had an experience like that, but I do know that many have....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You might be surprised at how many people have had the near-death experience you describe. Including myself.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• yes, for some it may be hallucinations, but I totally agree with real experiences also. I've never had a personal experience but have heard about them and been told first hand accounts. They are amazing to hear! God Bless you dear!
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 1:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2010