Obama versus W Bush

Do you think it is fair that people judge Obama as a bad president, even though he hasn't gotten a chance to fix the country because he is still trying to clean up W Bush's mess?

AbsoluteSelf

Asked by AbsoluteSelf at 3:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• The "mess" Obama inherited was started in the Carter administration. Every president since (with the exception of Reagan maybe) has been seen at one time or another as a bad president because of that. I don't fault Obama for past ills, I fault him for his own decisions while in office (just as I wou;d any president).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Obama didn't inherit anything. He chose to run for President and accept all that entails when he was elected. He is not a victim he was a man who accepted the reigns and the buck stops with him. Him and the Dem Congress have passed enough legislation where they own a great deal of what is going on. Also Obama was a Senator for two years before he became President and helped create the mess we were in.

I don't fully blame Bush for the mess we were in he had his part but so did the Democrat led Congress, citizens, banks and corporations. 

Anonymous

• Poor Obama. He wanted to be President. He needs to put on his big boy panties, and do his job then! He (and everyone else who buys into it) needs to STOP blaming President Bush for the travesty Obama has put us in. Things may not have been great when Bush left office,but instead of even attempting to make anything better, Obama dug his heels in,and made things even worse. Bush hasn't been President in two years, yet our national debt is at an all-time high, unemployment is at an all-time high, there is NO end in sight of this recession, and all he can think of is shoving a joke of healthcare bill down our throats,and force-feeding us more garbage that will just make things even worse. Literally, the only campaign lie--I mean "promise" he kept was to get his kids a dog....course, then he made them name it after him,and no one's seen the dog in months, so, I guess even that one doesn't count.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Oh wow..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think your starting a fight.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• can of worms

Anonymous

• Anon, you shouldn't have posted anon, that was a good answer!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Good answer Anon. 8 years of madness pretty much decribes it.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I agree that Rome wasn't built in a day....but it WAS destroyed in a day!! Food for thought!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010