Free enterprise, or just plain Scrooge

Do you get pissed when your kid wants a certain toy for the holidays and the stores and online deals are out of stock, yet when you go to say ebay or Amazon they are listed for sometimes 5 times the retail price? OR, do you think, well that's a smart way to make a few bucks.
Example, my son wants Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash more than anything. Thankfully, I bought it before Black Friday. My friends son wants it as well, she waited, now can't be found anywhere. We looked online last night. Some people on ebay have it listed for $125.00...it retails for 33 bucks. What is your op on this situation? Would you pay these outrageous prices to make your kids Christmas, or wait?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 3:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No way I'm paying outrageous prices for toys!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I don't blame anyone for trying to make a buck - there is no reason people can't wait. If they want it "now" it's going to cost more.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i wouldnt, id be the one selling it on ebay for twice the price, because I know there are plenty of people out there who'll do anything for their kid. But jacking the price from 33 to 125 is nuts, i'd go up to 60 max to sell them
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• the laws of supply and demand....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• 39.99 on amazon, in stock right now

http://www.amazon.com/Wheels-Criss-Cross-Crash-Track/dp/B00383PO48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291321404&sr=8-1
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Well, Toys R Us said in stock now last night too, and she tried to pay online and then go pick it up, it wouldn't let her, so she called...none in...idk. I just think 125 is a gross amount of money and not very nice.
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• TY Peanut, she just checked it out from work, and bought it. Ha ha ebay!
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I guess my kid wouldn't be getting the "hot" toy.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2010