Spicy foods.

My mom is freaking out over here with the fact that I'm eating a Salsa Queso which is Medium with chip. And it's my 2nd pregnancy right now. I had to called my nurse to see if it's okay to eat that to calm my mother down. lol. My doctor says it fine unless it upset your stomach.

Does anyone eats spicy food while being pregnant?

Bubbles_mommy

Asked by Bubbles_mommy at 3:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I do I do!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i loved spicy queso dip!!! yumm!! and yes it was my favorite! but watch out for the heart burn it gives u!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my oldest, pretty much all I ate during the first trimester was extra extra spicy Kung Pao chicken. It was so hot, I seriously doubt I could stomach it when I am not pregnant.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• well, im glad to know i'm not the only one eating spicy food. I LOVE SPICY FOODS! yum!
    Bubbles_mommy

Comment by Bubbles_mommy (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• lol your mom probaly believes in the old wifes tales that spicy food can cause labor. i loved hot spicy food with my first but man it didnt like me i had heartburn from it bad but always wanted it anyway.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i did - i craved mexican food with my firstborn - it did not bother me a bit, my baby was big and healthy and had a head full of hair, lol!
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 3:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Lol yes I think she did. She kept saying Back in the days we dont do that way and blah blah. Okay, thanks for the head up about the heartburn's.!
    Bubbles_mommy

Comment by Bubbles_mommy (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• If medium freaks your mom out, she would have died with pregnancies. I love a Yemenite pepper paste called zhouk. To say it is spicy to the average person would be an understatement. Two of my 3 kids also love the stuff. The 3rd is still a little young and probably will as well.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I just had me some hot wings for lunch... but now I have heartburn... :)
    Luvmyfam7

Answer by Luvmyfam7 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• OMG, as long as your ok with it, and your baby might move a little bit. But, I had spicy food, and my son turned out fine. Infact enjoy until about 35 weeks. I started to get really big and I couldn't eat spicy food, I would get really bad heartburn. Tell your Mom to calm down.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2010