Once a cheater always a cheater?

True or false? And why?

Asked by bjojola at 3:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• False... When a person is READY to change... he/she will... Trust me... :)

Answer by Luvmyfam7 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i think it's %70 true...

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i don't know. i'm split right down the middle. sometimes i think true, sometimes i think false.

Answer by Mamma2E at 3:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• no, not always a cheater. I am very closely familiar with a woman who cheated on her husband because they had zero love life. He was as passionate as a doorknob. She had a 6 month long affair that taught her how to love herself and she became a whole new person because of it. She ended the affair on her own (this was 14 years ago) and has never been tempted to cheat again. It helps that her husband finally realized what he was missing and is now more romantic to her than ever before. Maybe he knows she cheated and silently just never told her that he knows. But their marriage is rock solid now.

Answer by horsegal2760 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think that is true because first it says something about the character of the person. Second, it is a very bold line that they have to cross. Once they find that line and cross it, it just isn't the same line or in the same place ever again. The line is always closer and much easier to step over the subsequent times I believe.

Answer by spottedpony at 3:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think it's false. To say that is to say that people cannot ever change, and I know from experience that they can.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• False. People change all the time! This would be like saying once a teacher always a teacher or once a chocolate lover always a chocolate lover, like I said people change.

Answer by Aquarius80 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• True..

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• False. If a person is willing to make the changes necissary they can, and do change. However, they cannot be forced to change.And yes, I speak from personal experiance.

Answer by RheaF at 3:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My personal view.

False. There are far too many variables when it comes to cheating for me to have such a blanket thought/belief.

People cheat for their own individual reasons. Those reasons aren't always present in a relationship (or a new relationship)

People do not always make the same choice in a given situation. Situations change, views change, thoughts change, feelings changes so choices change as well.

People do have the ability to change actions/behaviour patterns. If they choose to and put in the work and effort do to so.

And of course there are many more variable since making the choice to cheat based on an individuals: thoughts, feelings, desires, mental/emotional status, the status of their primary relationship.. andm any other things.

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2010