What detergent do you use?

My mom's been using Dreft for all the baby clothes, but the price is just too high now. We were wondering what is safe to use, I thought it was okay to use most of them but just no fabric softener sheets or obviously bleach. What detergent do you use??

ToxikSedation

Asked by ToxikSedation at 11:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All Free & Clear. works awesome and has no dyes or perfumes to irritate baby's skin. I actually do use fabric softener sheets though. They make it softer and smell nice and no static cling! :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I use a brand called Ecos. It is non-petroleum based, plant derived ingredients, and balanced pH. We have plants that grow right off the grey water. Its really cheap too. We get ours at Sams 12.86 for 205 loads. Before that we payed 11.14 for 110 loads. at a healthfood store.
    RissaJ523

Answer by RissaJ523 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I use reg, tide. I at first used dreft, then when he was about 5mths tried a few items in tide, and he was fine. Its easier to use one soap for all clothes.
    kaymarie1473

Answer by kaymarie1473 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• All free and clear is what I have used since about the time Phoebe turned a year old. We are red heads and very pale sensitive skin, and it works as well as the dreft and all baby formulas.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 11:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I use ALL allergen free. is has not fragrance so I use the Dreft dryer sheets

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• We always used TIDE. I also used dryer sheets. It really depends on your baby, if they are sensitive to detergents or not. Softeners wont hurt your baby, neither will bleach. Dreft actually has softeners in it. Give it a try, if it doesn't work out... switch back!
    Klynn-whitlow

Answer by Klynn-whitlow at 11:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I use All Baby detergent. Smells great and cheaper than Dreft. My son has very sensitive skin and it does not bother him.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i use tide (clean breeze and with bleach if i can find it) and snuggle softener. i started using dreft and after a few months washed a few things of hers in with my clothes to see if she'd be ok with it. she never broke out or anything so i just kept using it for hers too.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I've been using Seventh Generation Baby detergent but now I'm hooked on ECOS. It's smells wickedly pleasant!
    wickedcoolmama

Answer by wickedcoolmama at 11:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• whatever is on sale or cheapest with the excpetion of heavily scented, we use dryer sheets too our baby has no issues with it. My mom used tide with me and my brother because its the only thing she can use
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2008