for SAHMs, was the decision both yours and your husbands?

Mamma2E

Asked by Mamma2E at 3:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it was both our decisions. However, it was my husband who really was the leader in my staying home. His mom had worked and he wanted the mother of his children to be at home. My mom was at home, and I liked growing up that way. So it was an easy decision for us.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I still wanted to work but my husband travels for work and I was the one who always had to take a day off of work for sick kids etc. He made a lot better money than I did so my job always came second. We both knew I should stay home as we could easily live without my income. I was excited to stay home but was a little nervous about fquitting a job that I loved!! I really don't think we discussed this issue in any depth, it just happened due to circumstance.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes. We agreed before we ever had children that one of us would stay home and raise them. I have the boobs and he always made better money, so I was the obvious choice.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Both
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We discussed it together and decided we didn't want our son in daycare due to both of our past experiences in daycare as children and the fact that most of my check would be eaten up by daycare costs. We decided I'd go back to work when he was in school as we had only planned on having him. We eventually changed that and had one more. Honestly, if I'd known then what I know now we would have been much more careful in financial planning before our first baby ever came into the picture. In some ways me being home has worked. In other ways it has not. It has taken a toll.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i pretty much had this horrible crying break down and told my hubby that i hate my job, i miss my dd while i work and he makes a ton of money on his own so im quitting my job tomorrow and he just said ok whatever u want to do!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• yes
    wowiemommy

Answer by wowiemommy at 3:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I wanted to go to work after I got laid off and my husband asked me to wait 2 months so he can try to get a promotion that pays more so I can stay home, he got his promotion in two weeks and I never went to work again, its been a year and a half
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• When I got pregnant with my daughter I had to quite becuase of how sick I got and I stayed home until outside forces intervened in our lives. When she came home agian at 2 I was working as was my husband until I had to quit during my pregnancy with my son becuase I had also gone back to school. So now I just go to school and take care of the kisd and my husband is the one who works. So while my kids do spend some time in daycare, it's not a whole lot especially for the baby. So I guess I'm also not your typical stay at home mom.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 3:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• both of us agreed that it wasnt worth the little amount of money I would make for someone else to raise our kids, daycare is soooo expensive and I personally feel like I had them I should raise them. my mom stayeed home with us and what a blessing it still carries some of my best memories playing mud pies with my mom
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010