Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

hey im in court fighting to get my two children back but because of my past they feel they would be neglated. i have made mistakes in the past and no longer assocciate with the people i used to, i have m. can they really prove that i will neglect my children cause ov a past i no longer assocciate with?ingoved areas and done everything they have asked me to and still noth

they are proposing adoption with letter contact ony

Answer Question

Asked by mummi_sharlene at 3:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Adoption

Level 2 (6 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • You have to prove to them that your a changed person... guilty until you prove your innocence.

    Answer by bjojola at 3:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

  • What state are you in?
    Join the custody group they seem to have alot of information.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 3:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

  • i have dun wot they asked ov me n cooperated wiv evryfing they wanted i no longer do any of the things i used 2 n im hardly eva out the house nw n they feel i avent dun even 2 satisfy their needs

    Comment by mummi_sharlene (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

  • im in telford shropshire united kingdom england

    Comment by mummi_sharlene (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

  • are you working? do you have a home to take them to? once your children have been taken my a agency its really hard to get them back. im so sorry to hear you are having this problem. you migt wana try and get some refrences that they could contact stating that you have grown up and changed your ways maybe that would help also if you dont already try to find a lawyer. good luck mama

    Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

  • You're going to have to do your damn hardest to prove you're a fit parent. You better have solid proof of this as well. This is one of those circumstances where the past comes back to haunt you.

    Answer by Nanixh at 4:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

  • Do you have a job?
    Do you have a good home for them?
    Have you taken parenting classes (if not...VOLUNTEER to take them...that will look good!)?
    Have you gone through any type of drug rehab program? Do you continue to go to support groups?
    Do you have family that support your effort to get your children back?

    All of these things will look good to a judge...if you don't have them...GET THEM!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

  • Also I don't know if you are spelling like that because you're on the internet or if you really can't spell and speak properly but if you can't really spell or speak properly taking a literature class would be in your favor. Judges appreciate people who make an effort to better themselves.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

  • I was in the same boat u are. I live in Kentucky and they took my kids awawy 5 years ago and I did everything they told me to do and they still adopted my kids out 3 years ago. It is a open adoption and. I have not seen my kids in 4 years and I have not talk to my kids in 3 years. They took my kids there dad called and told them that I was not taking care of my kids. They did no investgation they just come out and took my kids. I went to all there dr.appt, went to parneting classes, I tried to get a job. I did everything they told me to do. When I gave birth to him they were at the hospital trying to tak him from me but I went to court for 10 months and then tey finally let me out of the court system but I know that they are watching me. I told them when they was letting me see my kids that after I had my son that I was going to get my tubes cut tied and burned and they tried to talk me out of getting it done

    Answer by Babygirl121307 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

  • I have no idea the laws in England. i can only guess that if you have any violent crimes on your record that they can take them away.

    Answer by Shanna84 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.