Whats your take on homemade holiday gift ideas??

Between my husbands Family and mine its alot of people. From moms dads grandpas grandmas brothers sisters kids lol there is alot of us. And i wanna make everyone feel like there special and loved without breaking the bank. To make a long story short i am a stay at home mommy with 2 kids and a 3rd due around christmas. Anyways i was wondering whats everyones take on homemade gift baskets that contain sweets, candles, bath soaps, etc. I don't wanna look cheap butt im not rich either lol. Any advice would be great homemade gift ideas, other ways to make everyone feel special without looking cheap. Thanks so much.

piorkowski

Asked by piorkowski at 3:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I always appreciate home made gifts, I would rather have that then something paid for
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• my sister puts together gift baskets for each person according to what type of person they are. She gets a spa basket together for my 19 yr old and my 23 yr old would get a treats basket with some lotions. The best place to go is the Dollar tree and buy 5 things for each person according to what reminds you of them. 5 things in a basket wrapped in a gift bag with curly ribbon. Cookie tins are nice and any good basket filled with homemade treats
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I agree with wheresthewayout. I appreciate a handmade gift a hundred times more.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I love it guys thanks
    piorkowski

Comment by piorkowski (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think im gonna make a list of the ppl and start thinking of basket ideas. Do u think it would work the same for a husband and wife basket like my husbands grandparents. Something in there for there sweet tooth and some things in there to make them both happy.
    piorkowski

Comment by piorkowski (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I'd rather make gifts it's cheaper that way.
    TamTam0076

Answer by TamTam0076 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I love making jewelry. That's what I give out every year to the woman in the family.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I love it. I would think in the future of exchanging names. It works so much better and less expensive.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Putting together a gift basket isn't cheap. I like some handmade things.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• & also when you make the gifts in the basket you can personalize it with each of there name so you dont mix them up
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2010