if I have a UTI can that cause pain in my private?

I asked a question almost like this one earlier, but now I am starting to think it is a UTI because I all the sudden feel like I have to pee and don't. For those that haven't read my other post I keep getting a little bit of sharp pain in my private area it isn't painful or anything, just uncomfertable or more of annoying then anything. I don't go to the doctor until the 16th my OB I am also almost 5 weeks pregnant is it ok to wait until my doctors appointment for them to check if I have one? Since I just went to the doctor for a pregnancy test I can't afford to go again until the 16th. If it is safe is there anything I can do at home until I go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes it sounds like a uti to me. make sure you are drinking lots of water and crandberry juice it will help your system flush itself clean. you could just call your dr and depending on your dr they may just call in a precribition for you. i get lots of uti while pregnant and my dr always just calls in a prescribtion for me.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• For a UTI, not much. Drink cranberry juice and make sure you stay well hydrated. Don't get soap or anything in your nether region either.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Do not drink cranberry juice unless you know it's unsweetened. Sugar makes the UTI worse. Make sure you call your doctor for a prescription, you don't want it to get worse.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• yes,it can cause pain in your privates.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sure, you may need an antibiotic
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 4:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010