My 2 1/2 year old won't listen at all...

When I tell him something he looks at me like he doesn't understand. But I know he does. Time out and spanking don't work. I don't know what else to try. If a toy is involved I'll take it and that doesn't work either. He's a good kid overall. I just need him to understand that when I say something it's not an option.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ill bump, Im in the same boat
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i would keep tellin him no and explain what no means and i would keep doin it till he understands.
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 3:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I am in the same boat as well only my child she will be 3 in a month and she will do stuff that she knows she isn't aloud to do climbs on everything and anything, gets into anything and everything. I tell her no over and over and over and over again and it doesn't work, I spank it doesn't work, times outs don't work, sending her to her room doesn't work, corners don't work, playpens don't work, taking things away don't work so I know how you feel I will give you a bump
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I stear and my son really mean and it will work for a lil while . LOl!
    MomAsia

Answer by MomAsia at 4:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My 2 1/2 year old is very strong willed and most the time normal disipline is plenty but I have found that I say "no" ALOT. once I started intentionally catching her doing good and praising her she started listening better...not always but better. Try whispering as well, I also found my self getting frustrated and would raise my voice and she would just tune me out my therapist told me the whispering trick and actually it really worked she just wasnt used to that tone so it caught her attention. good luck and thank god there not this way forever
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2010