How to bring fun back into my relationship? ( free things to do)

Me and my fiance are on a very limited income to recreation and date nights. I know couples can still have fun without spending lots of money. When it was summer, it was easier to do stuff. Now it's winter, we don't own a vehicle and busing gets costly. He (fiance) doesn't like going outside much. In general, he didn't ever really wanna go out to town or look for free stuff. I love window shopping/ browsing stores and curb shopping. I am not into his online gaming very much. Watching movies, playing card games, and going grocery shopping can get pretty mundane after a while. It would nice for things to be more fun, spontaneous whatever it may be. Things we could do as a couple.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• The best way I have found (during 25 years of marriage) to bring the fun back/have fu . Was absolutely free, could be done anywhere at anytime.

Ready for it...............

Bringing the fun back had nothing to do with going out and doing things together in my experience. Though it does help (and going out in and of itself is "fun")... It lies in :how we treat one another.......... My husband and I have "fun" because of how we interact, how we treat one another on a daily basis, not just how we interact when we are out doing something. We flirt like teenagers, we joke, we dance, we sing..... We just have fun when we are together, no matter what we are doing we try to make that time together "Fun" because it is time that it is "us". Whether that's out grocery shopping, watching paint dry (lol), hanging out at home..whatever.. The "Fun" in our relationship stems from our interpersonal interactions with one another.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• DH don't go out much but we still have and enjoy being together. Once the kids are in bed we cuddle up together on the sofa or in bed and watch TV together every night. We watch movies together on the weekend - we have a system because we don't argee on movies. I pick a movie, Next week he picks a movie, Next week we BOTH have to agree so it usually ends up being a comedy. We got a couple Wii games that we play together. I'm not into video games either but we went shopping together and got one and it's fun. We end up laughing and joking around and just having a blast playing our game together. I cook a nice dinner for the 2 of us and we sit down together and eat dinner then he'll make us ice cream sundaes for dessert. DH and I don't have much money to go out either we make the best of what we have - we even go grocery shopping and enjoy it - having him there keeps me company and laugh and joke around and get to talk.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My Husband and I were broke when we first started out, and we always said "sex is free." We would role-play and also light candles, and take bubble baths together. We do enjoy board games and cuddling while playing "fact or crap" or Uno.
    MSMama21

Answer by MSMama21 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• when we don't have money to go out we cook together then eat outside in the backyard, we dance to music on the radio, look through old pictures, paint on the backyard walls, fix things that need fixing, play video games, take walks,we ' wrestle'(not really lol) on the floor, play soccer or football in the backyard,etc... and we have loads of fun, sometimes even more than when we go out! We almost finished a mural in the backyard from being broke lol, just be creative, use your immagination and you guys will have a blast!
    HappyMonkeys

Answer by HappyMonkeys at 5:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• yeah playing card games or board games with s** involved in the mix or just watching a nice movie cuddling
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My Fiance likes online gaming alot and for awhile he played all the time. I finally told him lets find something to do together. We have found that cards, movies, our favorite tv show, etc. two or three nights a week is our date night. It works for us cause the rest of the week he plays his game or I study and it seems like when we dedicate those nights they are alot more special and we look forward to them. It is all how you guys can make it work. Be excited to watch a movie once a week or play games another night. The other time do your normal stuff. Maybe if you single it out you will much more encouraged to find simple things around the house.
    Krista0723

Answer by Krista0723 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• if u find something please let me know!! im pretty much in the same boat.. gaming, tv, BORING, he says we always tgether but how much of it is actualy quality time... its sad huh? I thought about taking walk in the parks... but he always says eh....
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 7:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2010