If McCain Was To Give Tax Breaks to the Rich...

McCain kept being accused of giving tax breaks to the rich if he were to be elected. Why then, did so many rich and famous people support and campaign for Obama? Wouldn't it have made sense for the rich to support and campaign for McCain so they wouldn't have to pay so much in taxes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• uh huh
    Anonymous

• because those people don't mind paying taxes. they know they have more than enough and that paying taxes will help to fix the economy
    Anonymous

• LOL well if they don't mind it so much, why don't they just cut me a check LOL

Seriously I don't know why, other then it was the war and McCain was seen as pro-war....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• The McCain tax cut's were to go for the BILLION dollar earning BIG industries like Oil companies and such. And not so much for the average million dollar + earning movie stars

www.factcheck.org

McCain would have helped Big business keep LOTS more $ while sending more jobs to India.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I guess that wasnt a big issue with the rich and famous having to pay taxes, our economy wasnt looking so good thanks to Bush he didnt really do anything but finish his daddys war with iraq and have us in a recession ... The only times he responded was 9-11 and trying to bail out wallstreet, he ignored all the warning signs leading to these big things. he didnt do any good leading the US and taking care of his people first. I think alot of rich and famous may have supported republicans when he was elected but now they support the demorcrats. I think democrats do a better job helping its citizens when there in control...the only respectable republican was ronald regan .....this is just my opinion and every ones entitled to there own so please do not comment on my opinion thanks!!!!
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 11:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My mom thanked the president of the company we work for in advance for the money she will be paying to the middle class. The president even acknowledged that she would be loosing money but didn't seem to care one bit. Why because she can raise the prices of the products and make the money back. Plus when you have that much money it doesn't matter because they have so much they don't care....If only I had that problem.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 9:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2008