Door Decorating Contest Ideas

I need some door decorating ideas for the office door. We are having a contest and I'm looking for something but not sure what and I need it to be somewhat cheap. I have done the large present from Santa but can't think of anything this year so please help! = ]

rebeccan3

Asked by rebeccan3 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• hhmmm...I'm thinking the cone type deocroations, you know that you open up and clip with a paperclip. maybe take those and cut them in half and attach to the door, make a scene out of it. I think the 3D is very cool.

Does that makes sense?
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 4:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• what about a Christmas tree with candy ornaments?
    You can make candy ornament that are bigger if you have wire hangers, candy and yarn. tie the yarn to a piece of candy (peppermints, jolly ranchers, whatever), then make a small rings with the wire coat hanger and tie the candy to the ring. Tie about 10 pieces to each ring and have ornaments for the tree. You could also put candy canes on it and them everyone who passes by could have one!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 4:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You could do a paper Christmas tree and then make 3D decorations to go on it. :) Like to make the balls for the tree just ball up a wad of paper and put a flat piece around the outside. You could even flatten one side to make it easier to stick to the door. Or even better, go to the store and get some round styrofoam balls and cut them in half, color them and glue them in the tree. :)

Maybe even cut a couple of boxes in half and decorate them as 3D presents. :)

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You could even use OBlmomma's idea but put real candy on it! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I like the Christmas tree idea with 3D ornaments, that sounds like something simple that I could do. I'm not very crafty when it comes to these things and the judging is next week - - - I know - - last minute kinda thing - - - Thanks to all of you for responding though! = ]
    Happy Holidays!!!!!
    rebeccan3

Comment by rebeccan3 (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• what about a winter scene with snowmen, snowballs, sleds, could add pictures of cocoa, kids playing in the snow. could use form stickers for the scenes, cocoa pictures from swiss miss books, ask some workers for pictures with their kids playing in the snow. Included some of the workers. Then maybe add a box at the bottom with candy canes for the workers to get and enjoy.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Penguins are cute, maybe North Pole with reindeer
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2010