How much of an age gap is too much?

I have this friend I have known for quite awhile. He is 15 yrs older than me and is interested in being more than just friends. I do adore him, but am concerned about such a large age difference. Any opinions on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• age is just a number really... but personally I could never date anyone that was old enough to be my father :) so 15 is OK

I don't do anything 18 years or more older :)

of course I did marry a guy 3 years younger LOL... after many years of dating older men...
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Whatever you feel comfortable with is acceptable. After all, it only needs to be to you and your friend. Who cares what others think. It's your life.. Live it as you want. If you sit around and worry about what is acceptable and what isn't, you'll find yourself posting in the Religion and Politics section.... LOL!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My dad is 26 years older than my mom. They have been married for almost 32 years....
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 11:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Age for consenting adults is not a big thing, unless he is 80+ years old very rich and in poor health and your 22 and have a high sex drive. Then you would be accused of being a gold digger. Go with what your heart tells you is right.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Thanks for the great answers!
    Anonymous

• I agree with all responses. If you feel the same way about him and his age doesnt bother YOU then go for it! 15 years is very common these days.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• For me, 15 yr gap is a stretch. But I've known other couples where it worked. It just matters if you fit together.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• my husband and i have a 5 year age gap where my moms boyfriend is 21 years younger than her he is even a year younger than me so to each their own i guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I personally don't agree on couples having a huge difference in age. I've known a lot, and none of them end up together, and most of the time, I'm not going to say that 100% of the time 'cause that would be a lie, but most of it it's cause by the age difference. I just don't think it works.
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 1:22 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• .... But if it will work for you, Good luck! LOL
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 1:23 AM on Nov. 6, 2008