Teacher Gifts

What are you getting for your child's teacher for Christmas?

Do you ever make anything for them? Like baked goods?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• I have no idea yet.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I will make a small banana or pumkin bread (betty crocker box mix) for my daughters teacher. I will include a card and either an ornament or candle
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My girls are ages 9,7, and 5 and always have done the same gift each year. That is a christmas and hot cocoa. Teachers love it.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Well...since I'm all into natural yummy herb teas...find a local nature shop that carries herbs...buy a couple 1/2 lbs of nice combinations...mix equal parts...with a Dollar store Christmas mug and Dollar store honey bear...you could even find a cute basket there...nice, cheap and has that extra "I care" factor to it.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My son is too old for this now, but when he was younger I used to go to the dollar store & get a large plastic holiday bowl & fill it with a variety of homemade treats, including cookies, fudge, peanut brittle, macaroons, chocolate covered pretzels, muddy buddies & caramel corn. Sometimes I would add a few packets of flavored hot cocoa, too. In addition to the teacher bowls of goodies, I would make up a tray of goodies for the office staff & administration, too.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Teachers get enough mugs and get plenty of goodies, my son's teacher this year is getting a hand held stress ball. It is practical and will be used since she is on her own with over 20 boys and very few girls. I was almost thinking of having each parent toss in a buck or 2 and having it go towards a gift certificate for a massage
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I was thinking about getting her a small gift card to the local taco place so she could grab lunch. Someone told me they were making their kids teacher homemade noodles with directions on how to cook them...got me thinking about homemade stuff.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Having seen her classroom, I knw she has enough picture frames and knick-knacks..... so I'd either get her a gift card for classroom supplies or a massage or dinner out...

Or else I'd donate to her favorite charity in her name.

My son's teacher just testified before Congress on the MERITO program and she bases all the year's curriculum around oceanography, so for her, I'd donate to something like "Heal The Bay" or "Surfriders Foundation".
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My daughters teacher loves Tigger so we are getingt her a cute throw that she could either use or hang on her class wall. She already has 198 of them in her classroom. REALLY! Ms. Osborn at Abraham Lincoln Elementary in Perry Township.
    SheriesMom

Answer by SheriesMom at 8:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• we made all the teachers (women) bath salts one year! was well liked because the child made it!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2010