married teen mommy? how do u feel about it?

hi im a married teen mommy and got pregnant at 16 and got married a few months after i found out and now im 17 with a 3 month old baby girl and im just wondering what peoples opinons about teen mommys and married teen mommys.

babbykrissy

Asked by babbykrissy at 4:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I suggest that you go ahead and close this now, before it gets ugly. There are a bunch of old, religious bats on this site, and they are going to swarm.

BTW- I had my first child when I was 16.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• People are mean, but you do the best you can with what you have. Be greatful for your baby and cherish every moment as they will pass too quickly! Good luck to you and congrats on your new family!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Its sad to see kids raising kids but if they are great parents and do their best like most of us then I see no harm. I wouldnt encourage it but def have an open mind without judgement. If youre happy then go for it. If youre unsure then wait. Married or not, teen mom or not, many people make decisions that lead them to harder places. If you/they can make it work then more power to you! Best wishes :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You don't give any statistics such as do you plan on going to school, does your dh make enough to support you and a child etc. but in general I think you are too young and I bet my right arm you will be divorced within 10 yrs. (if that long)
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I know lots of marriages that started when they were teenagers that are great and lasting!!! God Bless you and your family and don't worry about what other people think about your situation.....
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 4:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Personally, I feel as though that it is not your age that makes you a good mother, but its how you provide, love and care for your child. I know many mothers who are young and are amazing mothers.
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i understand why some pregnant teens get married. usually the father of the baby wants to correct his mistake by marrying the girl and vowing to take care of them. and that's really nice, but i think it is too too young to get married. obviously it's too young to have a baby too, but once that has happened it's a little late to take it back. all you can do at that point is try to finish school for yourself and take care of your baby as best you can emotionally and financially. as a teen, you're still growing and maturing and sometimes the two of you mature in opposite directions which is why its best to wait a while. & then you add trying to be a good wife at 17 to trying to be a good mom at 17. it's just so much for a young girl to have to deal with. to each their own though sweetie & i hope for the best for you =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

How stupid, scooby doobie.

I would rather see you get an education and THEN have children but things do happen. Good luck to you.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i think teen moms are young
    i think teens without children are young

my answer-young
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• & also, not all teen marriages end in divorce. my best friend was married straight out of highschool at 18, had a baby at 19, now she's about to turn 24 and they have a 3rd on the way. she's an administrative director at a preschool and im not sure what he does but he makes good money too. it is possible to be successful careerwise and marriagewise from a young age, just not heard of very often.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2010