Tea Party Caucus Took $1 BILLION In Earmarks, didn't they want to cut federal spending?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/02/tea-party-caucus-took-1-b_n_790892.html

Apparently they only consider it pork when dems get it.

It's been said, there's no fool like an old fool and it seems like a lot of older Americans were fooled by the Baggers...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Tam- Even IF another party could break into the inner circle, those party members would succumb to the same tactics- It's the process of how business is done, especially at the federal level.................In order to generate the $$$ needed to get elected, candidates pander to special interest groups. Once elected, the favors come due...let the games begin.

Sanctioned corruption, fox guarding the hen house and the rich keep the money and power within their own little group!!!!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Kinda hard to do when there is NO TEA PARTY
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• There's a Tea Party Caucus?
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 4:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• So glad to bore you with the state of this nation Savage. Clearly YOU and your kind are part of the problem!!
    Anonymous

• The problem I have with earmarks is that some of them are actually worthy. Without one my state wouldn't have been able to have an essential bridge replaced. My Senator is a Democrat.

The 200 million for the Native American's probably should have been paid by the feds..I am not entirely certain, but a lot of this kind of stuff is the responsiblity of the feds.

I can't bash the earmarks without knowing if they were for something important like our bridge. kwim If they were for typical junk then I am just as mad at their waste as the wastes of the Dems.

Since there is no actual Tea "Party" I personally have some issues with some people trying to be part of a parade they don't really belong in because the tea party MOVEMENT is about less wasteful spending.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I also want to add that I think instead of banning earmarks they should make them individual items that come up for a vote. Let the lawmaker put in a request, state their case and then have a vote on only that item. This way things like much needed bridges could get funded.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My thoughts.

No suprise. Most (if not the majority) of people who run for office most likely do have "good" intentions when running. Good ideas. An outlook of wanting to make changes, stop this or that, try to change the way our government is ran on many levels. However. The reality of our governmental system is this, once elected those things go out the window for many if not most. Why> because once on the "Hill" it become very apparent that there is a "way" of doing busines, and the biggest part of that way is ... "Business as usual".. Things are set up by those in power to govern by playing "the game" of politics, the "game" in inheritantly corrupt. You can get nothing done, change nothing, in a corrupt system without bending yourself. Sounds pessimistic, I know. However in my 30 years of being involved/interested in politics, this is the conclusion I have come to. And that goes for people in all parties/sides
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Answer by pixie_trix 7 minutes ago

AMEN!!!!! ITA! No matter who is elected they will pander and play the game....................it's the way business is done in politics-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think we need something stronger than tea to run this country !!!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Bachmann and 13 of her Tea Party Caucus colleagues did not request any earmarks in the last Fiscal Year, according to CAGW's annual Congressional Pig Book. But others have requested millions of dollars in special projec
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2010