First time preg

How do I stop morning sickness?

KaylaS33

Asked by KaylaS33 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• All of these are definitely worth a try, though I'd hold off on medicating as long as possible, you never know what they'll find out was harmful in the future.

Though you're probably more tired now than ever, try to give yourself extra time to get up and out of bed in the morning. Having to hurry while being nauseous seemed to make things worse for me. Also, if you can put one foot flat on the ground for awhile before you get up, this may help you get your bearings a little better. I hope it passes soon!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Hard sour candy! Try something like sour apple jolly ranchers. Ginger is also good for morning sickness. Keep crackers by your bed, and eat some before you get up in the morning.
    Klynn-whitlow

Answer by Klynn-whitlow at 11:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Girl, I have heard of so many different things over the years. I had a friend that thoroughly believed in peppermints. You might want to give that a try.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yes, pupmom is right... peppermint, spearmint, mint in general is supposed to help!
    Klynn-whitlow

Answer by Klynn-whitlow at 11:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I was told to drink a ginger ale and snack on crackers even before you get out of bed. I thought the nurse was crazy, but I got a small cooler and put a gingerale with ice packs in it every night. An it did wonders for me.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 11:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• your doc can perscribe medicine to help with being sick . .
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• try eating more often, eating before you get out of bed (crackers on the night stand) ginger snaps worked miracles for me. You can try sea bands as well. Sprite or ginger ale really helps too as well as warm caffeine free coke (yuck I know)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• eat crackers before you get up in the morning, It helped me :)
    I also seen special lolipops at matherhood store (never tryed it though)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Crackers, ....help,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:19 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Perggie Pops, its suckers with ginger root and other natrual things to settle your stomach
    mommy2alissa

Answer by mommy2alissa at 9:53 AM on Nov. 6, 2008