genetic testing?

my doctor run a couple genetic test that he said are standard for the halfway point of any pregnancy. only problem he didnt tell me what they were and i cant get a hold off the office to find out anything. Does anyone know what these tests may be?

lucasmommy503

Asked by lucasmommy503 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They may be to check for down syndrome?
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It is most likely testing for Down Syndrome and a few other genetic disorders. I'm sure all is fine! Check a website called babycenter.com and it will give you the run down on the tests I'm sure!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• They're most likely checking for down syndrome. He shouldn't have done the testing without your consent and fully informing you of what they were. It is actually required of him to inform you fully of any tests, procedures, or introducing of medicine. By law infact. He cannot perform anything or do anything without your consent, so you really should talk to him about that at your next visit.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2010