Do your children have any toys that you totally dispise?!

The one thing that my daughter plays with, that I absolutely HATE, it Moon Sand! It gets everywhere!! You can try and vacuum it up, but it gets caked in the rug! I was just wondering ,since Christmas is coming up. It would be nice to know which toys to stay away from :)

RubyBlue82

Asked by RubyBlue82 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have always hated hot wheels tracks, I don't know why. My son no longer has any for me to worry about though.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• any kind of loud animal noise game. We had this duck game when the kids where little and I swear it would just start up in the closet on its own if you went in there. I was ready to take it and throw it out the window!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My oldest has a punching bag that I dislike.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• There are a few, but one that comes to mind right now is one of my dd's puzzles. It has animal shapes and when you put them back in thier holes, it makes the noise of the animal. I don't mind that. The part I don't like is that everytime I turn off the dinning room light, the roster starts to crow.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 5:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• play dough and yes those hot wheels tracks and any kind of train tracks are a drag because you get them all put together, taking up the whole floor and then 10 minutes later they are done playing with them.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I'm not sure what it's called .. But my son got it for Christmas a couple years ago and it's completely useless. You sit on the seat and grab the bar around the monkey's head. And you pull forward on the bar to move back and push back on the bar to move foward. With your feet resting on the monkey's feet. It's an excersise toy that plays music. My kids never had any interest to use it properly and only played with it a couple of times. It's now dying and if it gets turned on the music just skips. I have found it a very annoying toy since the day he got it and am not impressed. It's rather cheap.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• For me it's anything that makes loud noises (like singing Barbies and stuff). I have major issues with sound overload and I end up with migraines from it. My kids alone make enough noise, add the baby crying and the TVs...so I avoid buying toys that make noise and the kids are required to turn their DS all the way down if they are playing in the same room as me.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Oh, moon sand....one of my 2 year olds just dumped a container of it in my printer. Awesome.
    I can't think of very many things that I despise...except the really LOUD ones, especially when their batteries start to wear down and they just randomly make noises.
    TwinMomma122304

Answer by TwinMomma122304 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2010