Who in here is or has ever been on

antidepressants? Did they help? Are you still on them? How long have you been on them?

PLEASE DON'T ANSWER IF YOU AREN'T OR HAVE NEVER BEEN ON ANTI-DEPRESSANTS. THANKS.

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Health

• During my divorce, my doctor put me on Zoloft. I just couldn't shut my mind off long enough to get any sleep. Zoloft is a mild anti-depressant with little to no side affects. I was on it for 3 months. Yes, they helped me get through the toughest time of the divorce. Once I was done with that, I was done with the meds. That was 9 years ago and I've never needed it since. Anti-depressants don't need to be a permanent thing in one's life. But, they are a great tool for helping get through the tougher times. Nothing says you have to stay on them forever. And, nothing is wrong with a little help. We all need help in some way at some point in our lives.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes I was. Yes they helped. You should try some. I highly recommend them.
    Anonymous

• Been on them. Was on Prozac and loved it...I think it helped and I was back off in about 3 months. I was also on Praxil during another episode...and I liked it too...was on it for about 6 months, I think.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I personally have not but I am the only one in my family (moms side of the family) that doesn't (including my husband) and I sware by them. If you need 'em take 'em! If they didn't have them we would all be dead because they would have all killed each other by now. My family does not take theirs specifically for depression but to controll their bitchyness. So i guess it depends on what you need it for. but There is no shame in taking them if you truley need them, and I don't think they are harmful.
    St Johns Wart is known to be a more natual aproach.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 5:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2010