Salmonella--My babies may have it X(

Please help! My babies stool tested positive for salmonella! I'm scared and worried about my 4 month babies! The docs say I have nothing to worry about because they are taking in some fluid and are some what active. However, I'm a first time mom and I'm freaking out! Any suggestions on what I can do around my house to get rid of this nasty virus. Along with them having diarrhea their little bottoms are raw and have yeast. I was prescribed cream for the yeast, but what do I do about the rawness? SUPER scared for my sweet angels!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• the cream should help with the rawness too. I wouldn't do anything for it besides the cream because that might prevent it from affecting the yeast. I'd just do what the doc did. Salmonella comes from food, so just make sure you cook your food well. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Oh no......I hope your babies get well soon. As far as the rash, you could leave their butts bare for a while...just lay them on towels so their little hineys can get some air.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• http://www.fsis.usda.gov/factsheets/salmonella_questions_&_answers/index.asp
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010