Rash?

My little ones has a rash, it is getting fairly bad. I have to admit that I am at a loss as to what to do. It started on her face then moved to her neck, all over her torso, her privates and the back of her legs. The back of her legs look as if it is older and has been scratched but was not there yesterday when she bathed. She has not eaten anything new in the last couple of day. No new soaps, blankets or anything. She is congested. My train of thought is just to wait a day or so and see if it gets better or worse. What would you do? And any ideas on to what it might be?

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 5:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Health

• could be allergic dermatitis......allergies pop up with no warning and it doesnt have to be something new.....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 5:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• is there a fever? are they itchy? flat? blisters?
    i would look up rashes on the internet, and see if anything looks similar.
    i would also wait a day and see how it changes. without a fever, or itching, i don't think i would worry too much.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Well I took them in and it turns out they have Scarlet fever.
    Melbornj

Comment by Melbornj (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2010