What is most important? So now what do you think of that?.........

Breastfeeding a child over 2 1/2 year old till bout 5 years old or allowing and letting a child have a relationship with his dad that is absoluetly no harm or danger, and LOVE and CARES for the child (in which the child loves to be with dad, enough to not ask or care about boobie)?

What would be in the best interest of the child? Keep breastfeeding till bout 5 for all the health benefits claimed. Or the emotional and personal relationship with dad that is needed and grows and bonds till 5 years. The most receptive and psychological development parts of children s lives are from 2-5.

Just asking because my husbands ex-wife is taking him to court saying it's more important she breastfeeds till 5 is more important than the benefits of the child's relationship with the dad (visitations) because he is to young, but it's okay for the older siblings 9 year old's to go ahead without him.

**********EDIT*********EDIT********EDIT

The court hearing is done. The child gets to leave and go for a week straight with dad. HOWEVER, DO YOU THINK SHE WILL BREASTFEED HIM WHEN HE GET'S BACK AND YET IS FULLY WEANED FROM BREASTFEEDING?

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT? if she does put him straight back on the boobie when the kid go back home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Dad! I know I'm going to get bashed in here but this breastfeeding thing is very overrated and up till five years old...come on!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Ok,this is nuts. A 2 1/2 year old does not need to be fed on a baby's schedule. There's no reason why his dad can't have him. I'm still on the fence with the whole breastfeeding til 5 thing.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Well, personally, I would hope that the child is no longer drinking straight from the mothers breasts at age 2 and does not continue to drink from the mother until age 5, because I think that is horribly disgusting. I would hope she is pumping if she is BF the child, and if she is then visitation with the father should not be compromised because the child can bring his milk in a jug to his father's house.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• OK... the ex is just trying a long shot with the bf until 5. (honestly.. the "health benefits" for feeding that long are bunk. Yes, a newborn gets all sorts of benefits from breastfeeding, but a 5 year old? Come on!
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I still breastfeed my 2 and a half year old daughter. But if she were to go with her dad (she doesn't, but for reasons having NOTHING to do with BF because he's a piece of s**t) or someone else overnight, she would be fine. She misses days and nights sometimes- she's not an infant. I'd never pump for my toddler, it's silly, she eats and drinks water and milk and juice all the time. That's a stupid reason to keep a kid from their father.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 5:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• She says she can't afford a breast pump, even though she knows W.I.C. has it free for any breastfeeding mother...She just does NOT WANT TO STOP, SHE LOVES TO BREASTFEED HER SON. She weaned her girls at 15 months. Well, other than that the toddler will be away for 5 days and 4 nights. And for the visitation that the dad is there on the 2 days 8a.m.-6p.m. yes, 2 days in a row that long without care for boobies. It is frustrating to know she is taking him to court saying it is going against the toddlers best interest and it is an emotional abuse to him....UGH! so sad....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• if anyone could help with guiding me to facts that withholding a child from a parent is more emotional issues and against their best interest....I would greatly appreciate it. It can help....I am gonna go google for probably the next few hours. HELP PLEASE! FOR THE SAKE OF A CHILD AND HIS DEAR RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS LOVING DAD.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• jaw drop5 years old Oh my, thats a long long time. I thing in the 1st year is awsome and after for awhile is a bonus but that long. I say a relationship with dad but my son who is one will choose boobie over anything. He loves boobie.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• This woman is just sick IMO. Who the hell gives a kid BM at that age? If you do Im not bashing Just def dont think its necessary. This lady is a wacko and when the kid is 5 shell have another redic excuse
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• That is a long time but thats her child and she can choose I guess.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010