Post Partum depression

Has anyone her had PPD if so, how long did it last, and when it went away did it go away gradually or did it just happen at the snap of a finger one day, and when it went away did u feel like the old u again?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 5:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had it for a week exaclty. I was told it was the baby blues but it felt so much worse. If you are not better in a week or two then talk to your dr. there are plenty of meds that will help you feel like you again adn enjoy ur baby.GL Youre not alone!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• How old is your baby? I have 3 children and had PPD with all of them. I did not need medication but I was very weepy and irritable. You should also know that these are normal feeling to have. One, you just had a baby and your body has been through a lot. If it is your first baby your body has never been through this and it is all brand new! AND~ your hormones are going crazy! I would say if this has been going on for more than a couple of months and you are really really down in the dumps then you should talk to your physician. Otherwise, ride it out. It will get better!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I had it for a while (2-3 weeks) then I went to the Dr. and had to move in with my mom (my whole family moved DH. DS and DD) after I took the meds the Dr gave me I felt MUCH better but I couldn't go back to my house (gas leak) for almost 2 months =(
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 5:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I had it well, for the first year of my sons life, I don't know that it just snapped to the OLD me again one day but I know with Medication helped, support from family helped, help from family.. I cried a lot.. it was just hard.. I still sometimes get like kick backs of those feelings although the PPD is gone and its more like a "memory" of a feeling if that makes sense but I wouldn't try to do it by yourself for too long mommy.. St johns is an OTC med if you don't have insurance to seek help - Same' is also one. Multivitamins and Omega 3's can be mood elevating.. GL Mommy..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2010