My daughter got sick while napping please help

My 13months old was napping and she began screaming and when I went in her room she had thrown up every where. She doesn't seem to have a fever or act sick, shes a little fussy but was wondering if someone might have some insight. Before her nap she wouldn't really eat anything and then went down with a bottle. I just worried and want to make sure that she okay.... please help. she has only gotten sick once by the way so thats the only reason i haven't called the doctor.

charliesmama19

Asked by charliesmama19 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am sure that she is fine. Just a bit of an upset stomach. Just keep a close eye on her and give her some pedialite if she continues to vomit. If she starts running a fever of over 101 then I would call the doc for some peace of mind. But most likely she will be fine by morning!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Her tummy was probably upset and when she had what was in the bottle, that made her throw up. Don't give her anymore milk tonight...give her juice and perhaps an apple baby food. One night that she doesn't get stuffed isn't going to hurt her and may give her tummy a chance to settle.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• She was probably on the verge of getting sick before her nap. I wouldnt worry just follow the BRAT diet. Is she acting wierd? IF she is acting strange then Id worry but if shes either herself or just seems uncomfortable and tired then let it run its course. IF you are worried then call teh dr and ask a nurse for advice. Im sure shes fine GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• BRAT diet is for diarrhea, not, vomiting. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Ive been told to use it for both because its good for any dehydration. Vomiting can cause it just as diarrhea can. Its just whats good for the stomach
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It's not for dehydration though. Those foods are binding which is what you need for diarrhea to bind again. Never once heard about it being good for hydration.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/brat-diet ok, it's because it is bland. That's why. Ok, I was wondering. Now we know. LOL

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• So we're both right! Yay! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I just assumed that binding was good so you dont lose fluids that cause dehydration. lol glad you looked it up..learn something new everyday! =)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• probley just got what ever one seems to have that is going around. Just watch the dairy intake for while. try to make her comfortable and make sure is taking maybe some gaterade. and watch what she eats. If in doubt call the doctor.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 5:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010