Possibility of twins??!!

im 34 weeks pregnant & i had an ultrasound on monday & saw my beautiful baby girl's face with her big cheeks lol i saw on the side of the ultrasound pic that it said she was 20 cm. you can tell she's a big baby because even her hands were a bit chubby. anywayz, i had another ultrasound today and i swear it was a totally different baby! this pic of todays baby was another close up of her face as well & she looked tiny, with thin cheeks and had a big forehead (like her daddy lol) on the side of the ultrasound pic it said 16 cm and this baby looked thinner than the other baby from monday. i find it hard to believe that my babys face can change so dramatically within 3 days and the angle is exactly the same. i was told i was only having one baby, however everyone who sees me (friends, family, & even strangers!) tell me im having twins! plus ive had rapid weight gain this past month of 15 pounds and im on a strict diet because i have gestational diabetes. i wouldnt be so concerned if the faces i saw were similiar but theyre not. i swear one looks like me when i was younger and the other looks like my husband! also, my grandma had twins (my mom & my uncle) & the doc. never knew because my uncle was behind my mother (as if she was giving him a piggy back ride) so they heartbeats were heard as 1 instead of 2! & because he was standing behind my mom they only felt/saw her and not my uncle. is it possible that im having twins and the doctors didn't detect it or can;t see the other one?

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't be surprised, technology isn't perfect! But I guess you won't have too long to wait to find out for sure!
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• if it was twins you would have found out your first ultrasound at 20 weeks
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Thats very rare but I guess anything is possible.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It's highly unlikey that a whole baby would be missed by two separate ultrasounds, but it could happen. Congrats either way!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It isn't completely unheard of but alot has changed as far as technology goes. I guess only time will tell!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• but if it's not twins than can anyone suggest, whats with the different pictures of the same angle...they're like two different profiles...and two different babies in just 3 days!
    joymoon87

Comment by joymoon87 (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• in this day and age it is very unlikely...especially if you have had more than one U/S.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think it's hard to tell if it's exactly the same angle from one time to the next, and depending on where the baby is her face could be closer or further from the ultrasound wand. I had a lot of ultrasounds with my twins, and they looked different every time. Until the last week it looked like my son would be chubbier, but on the last couple of ultrasounds and at delivery my daughter was much chubbier than my son.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010