4 kids under 8 (im assuming) with no parental supervsion

Im sitting here at guest services... my mall manager and i noticed there are kids wondering around our santa display unattended... since I cannot leave my booth, she went lookin for the parents... apparently they were in the store walking around... hello!!! brains anyone?!?! we cant just have small children running around the mall and alone!!! that is to dangerous. the youngest looks to be about 2 maybe 3. the mom is like not concerned at all.. wow.. some people amaze me... honestly..

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 5:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• if my one child age three is out of my sight for a minute
    i freak

can not imagine
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I know, it always shocks me when I'm shopping and see young children with no supervision in sight!! I always kept my kids right with me so that I knew that they were safe....and so they didn't do anything they shouldn't do. When they were young teens I started letting them go off alone, but they did have to check in with me periodically. There are too many things that can happen in a public place.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yea thats pathetic. Especially in a damn mall! Some ppl shouldnt have kids
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• CM - PLEASE get these people a VENT- RANT category
    Anonymous

• I was in the mall last year. There were some kids on the escalator. A girl that looked about 10, a boy that looked about 5 and a toddler. The 2 older kids were trying to race up the down escalator with the toddler between them. The poor little toddler was stumbling & falling as the 2 older kids were dragging him up the steps. The older kids were laughing & the little one was crying his eyes out. Nobody was doing anything but looking at these kids! I jumped on the escalator (purchases in hand) & grabbed the poor little guy & practically killed myself trying to get him to the top. Now mind you this is going UP the DOWN one. Not a single person stepped on to help me get this little tyke to safety. I didn't want to ride down because I'd have to go to the other end of the mall to catch another UP one. You know how malls are. Would you believe the mother was at the top when I got there & YELLED at me for touching her child? OMG!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 6:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• that is crazy, i always keep my kids with me (except when the 2yr old tries to run off, but one run off and she goes into the cart). some people just dont think
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• That is so wrong....why do people refuse to watch their OWN KIDS?????????
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• anonymous, really, this is for general parenting.. its called bad parenting.. im not ranting, im just expressing my feelings about how some people just dont know how to PARENT.. some people on here are just ignorant honestly... whatever tho. not going to ruin my day :)
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My 8, 9 and 10 year olds are no longer required to stay by my side when we are out. My 4yo has to be with me or her older brother or sister (the 9 or 10 year olds). In a very crowded mall they wouldn't be allowed to go out of eyesight but in stores they usually go over to look at the toys while I shop. As long as they aren't bothering people, making noise or making a mess it's no one's business.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• lok, i have 5 kids and never leave them out of our site, but you realy need to mind your own! She obviously knew where they were!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2010