family problems

My brother has some serious legal issues with his daughter and exwife. I use to be able to talk to my nieces and for some reason she doesnt even allow me to talk them and she told me to remove myself from their facebook she did ask nicely and I understand and all but I didnt do anything wrong so why should I be punished? She also claims that I'm only hurting things for my brother more if I talk to her kids. Please no bashing be nice. Should I delete them from my facebook? Or talk to their mother and discuss my feelings? The reason I ask is I'm only trying to talk to my younger nieces not the the one that is involved with the courts,cause I miss them and I just wantt o know how their doing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd remove them then discuss matters after the court case is over.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I probably would not delete them. They might think you just don't care about them. You don't have to contact them except to leave notes that you are thinking about them and that you love them. I certainly would not want to do or say anything that might have a bearing on the outcome, but I don't see the harm in your being in contact with your own nieces.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Well if she is that concerned about it then she should have THEM remove you. I assume she is keeping tabs on what her kids do online. I would talk with your brothers lawyer and find out what he/she suggests you do. If you do remove them you can leave them a note before doing it simply stating their mother requested you remove them due to the legal issues going on and let mom explain why.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2010