Why can't ppl be grateful for what they do have instead of whining about it?

I have read question after question in the money work section...I understand times are hard right now...But this last post was a lady talking about how she was behind on so many things including rent and her and hubby were working he made 1k per month and she made $500 per month but that being said she has a roof over her head adn a place to live and and they both have jobs..so many ppl are worse off right now yes I know her situation is sad but why not look at what you do have and consider it a blessing because some people don't even have that..There are people who don't have no place to live or have no jobs. There is help out there for people who do need it that do have a place to call home and jobs if you're not making ends meet w the job u and dh ahve why not find a better job?? The poster also stated her dh has a college degree in English lit but he's too shy and breaks under pressure at interviews...We struggle but we have food,jobs,heat and a place to live and a car to drive that's all that matters..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• I think most people do feel grateful but thought maybe they would be in different positions rather than a never ending struggle.. I know we are paycheck to paycheck and will be forever but we are grateful - doesn't mean pity doesn't seep in from time to time - its human nature.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Some people love playing the victim, I guess.
    Anonymous

• Maybe she needs to tell her d/h to get into speeches or interviews about how he sees the society and let it out his way, not the programs way.
    Anonymous

• it could do alot with those who want to keep up with the jone's and find that they can't and it kills them.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would guess that she is thankful for what she has, but is having a bad day and needed a bit of a pity party.

Now there are people that just like to whine and bitch about their problems, but are unwilling to do anything about it. My sister and her husband make at least double what we do each month. We are doing just fine and have extra money each month. She is always broke and complaining about how hard her life is.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• People's problems are their own. People are allowed to feel sorry for themselves every so often. They are humans and allowed. No matter how you look at it somebody is going to have worse problems then you, does that mean their issues are not important? No. Just try not to let it get to you. I am positive that at one point in your life you felt sorry for yourself and not thankful for what you have.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Because when you're in a miserable situation, it's hard seeing that there are others who suffer even more.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Didn't she have two kids too? That puts them below poverty. I mean if we really thought about it there are people in the world living on less than $1 a day- but does that mean the people getting $2 a day should just be grateful? I disagree- it's a hard life living in America- even if you do have a rough over your head and food in your tummy. Plus there is the stress of losing it all- what if their car breaks down and he can't get to work- wasn't that mom worried about losing her kids because they don't have hot water. She might have enough compared to other people but she's also got a lot to worry about too.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2010