Does anyone else use mirena?

Ive had mirena for alittle over a year and now it seems like my period comes and goes whenever it wants. Ill spot for a whole day then nothing the next..Ive been extremely moody too...and ive gained alot of weight from it..

MoylanMommie2

Asked by MoylanMommie2 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Health

• Mirena sucks they have a very high failure & fallout rate haha
    Anonymous

• well mine hasnt moved at all and ive not gotten pregnant on this like i have other birth controls.. Sooo unless you have it or have tried it i really dont need your input.. thanks
    MoylanMommie2

Comment by MoylanMommie2 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes, I use Mirena. I had it placed 6wks after my second daughter was born. So almost 2 years now. Its been great because I haven't had a period at all! But...about a month ago, I did notice spotting for a day, bloating, cravings, and cramping. The bloating and cravings have not left and I have gained 5lbs, in this last past month alone! And also started spotting again, only for a day though. I am confused as well. I know that spotting is common when using Mirena, but hmmm...? What is your question exactly?
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2010