Monster child!....

I love my daughter but this week she is a little hellion! I cannot eat or have drink by myself because she thinks she needs it and if she doesn't get it she'll grab for it and pull it down on herself. She is into everything that she knows she shouldn't be. She knows better but she's still doing it anyway. She's pee trained but will not go, she never bites but she's trying to now, what is happening? Hubby even has noticed a change in her. At times I wonder if aliens haven't taken my oldest and replaced her with this one.

Please say I'm not the only one going through this. She's 16 months almost 17 months could she be getting ready for the terrible twos? I know she is cutting some more teeth but she's never been this bad before.

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 6:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• ya mine is a strongwilled monster as well and it did start that early. mines 2 1/2 now and its rough. just stay consistent in whatever your doing and remeber you are bigger than her even when it doesnt feel like it. she will test you more than anyone cuz she knows she can trust you not to hurt her. I remember feeling like mine was the worse child in the world but shes not shes just testing her independence and boundaries. I read something the other day that said "real parenting starts at 2 and never ends" and I really feel that way, mine was so sweet and easy until this phase, now I never know whats comin or what to expect. hang in there and try to find other moms with your kids age group to play with it wont take long before you dont feel so alone:)
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yeah...she's going into the terrible two's and they last till she's about 19.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• it won't last forever even though it will feel like it.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 6:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• LMBO shouldhaveleft..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• If she's this way when she 19 I'm locking her in the closet. Just joking but I might be gray by then.
    OliviaW.

Comment by OliviaW. (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• lol shouldof left

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• All my kids went through that phase around the same time -- I think they're testing boundaries they're just discovering -- and then the twos weren't that bad over all...it was the THREES that were nightmarish in this house!!
    TwinMomma122304

Answer by TwinMomma122304 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010