He makes me uneasy

I have this friend that I have known since gradeschool. She stood up in my wedding last year and she tells me EVERYTHING! She has only had one boyfriend (shes 19) and that was 2 years ago. Now all of the sudden out of the blue she is marrying this guy who WAS her college professor and is THIRTY Years older than her. Now I'm not one to talk about marrying someone older my husband is 7 years older than me but it just doesnt add up. She dropped his class so he wouldn't get fired. I had never heard a thing about this guy then all of the sudden she is marrying him. I am trying to be supportive but I wonder if I should tell her I'm a little concerned. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing but I'm just getting all kinds of red flags. What do you think and what would you do. Keep your mouth shut so she can approach you if things end badly or risk ending an 11 year friendship?

humaniterian87

Asked by humaniterian87 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• Say something! If you see red flags she needs to take a step back and assess what is going on and what about it is wrong. She is probably blindsided having that she has not been in many relationships. This story reminded me of a lifetime movie I watched where a professor got involved with a student and she said something to tick him off so he killed her. Remember sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• you could tell her how you feel - concerned, but its her life...I have a friend who is 25 and dating a 50 year old.....can't tell them how to live their life.
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My best friend married a 24 year old. She is 42. When she was dating him, I expressed my concerns in such a way that it was humorous and not hurtful to her. It really depends on the kind of relationship you have with her and what your comfort level is. Any way you look at it, it's her decision.

SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 11:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• This is tough...but that does make me a little uneasy. That man has no business messin with a girl that young...she can't even legally drink a beer!!! If you do approach her be careful what you say, it would suck to see such a long friendship end cuz of a man like that.....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2008