My Hubby drives me crazy!

Every time we get into a money situation or things simply aren't going the way they should be, my hubby says he is going to kill himself. When he first started doing this 11 yrs ago! It would devastate me and I would try to do all I could to make him change his mind, now 11 yrs later, I just roll my eyes...because he cries wolf so much. His first wife had him put in a 72 hour lock down because he did the same to her. The psychiatrist saw him and said he was quite normal This is really driving me crazy...what can I do . Is this his way of being a bully?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• My thoughts based solely on what you have written.

Money is not worth being that distressed over in my opinion. Being that upset, making such statements does not solve money issues. It just makes the situation far worse.  Being this upest and reacting this way does not suddenly make money appear in the bank, and it doesn't stop the bills from piling up or stop new ones from being made. However, reacting this way does: upset everyone, it does make the situation seem more dire than it may be, it does make it harder to look at a situation objectively , it does make it harder to come  up with a doable plan and put it into action.

I would dare say.....  he needs to learn a more constructive way of: dealing with stress, expressing his feelings and viewing finances.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes, and it isn't normal. Get him a new psychologist. Anyone who threatens to kill himself constantly has major problems and it is not fair to you. I hope you don't have kids. I feel even worse for them.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 6:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• well he is certainly being very mellow dramatic! if this dr thinks he is perfectly fine then maybe your right about him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• This actually could be classifed as mental abuse towards you. If it was the first time I would tell you to get him help. But he knows that saying this will get a reaction from you. I would ignore him next time to show your not going to let it bother you. But just to be safe kind of watch him to make sure he doesn't hurt himself.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 7:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My ex was that way. It was totally an attention-getting thing.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 6:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would think it was for attention as well. Maybe he does it so that the problems don't seem so big or so that he gets what he wants. Im sorry he is threatening you this way! Thats awful :(
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My exhusband used to threaten to himself. I got fed up and called his bluff. Told him to do it then begged him to. I took him to the nut hut a few times but they'd never keep him. They'd always make me take his crazy ass back home. One of the many reason he's the ex.

dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 6:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• @dmdblleb - been there, done that, DONE with that!!! LOL
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 6:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sounds like he's acting like a child and doing it for attention.
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 8:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i think men in general drive us crazy! my fiance drives me crazy but i still love him hehehe :)
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2010