my almost 7 week old baby girl is wanting to pull her self up and sit up alot

is it normal for a almost 7 week old baby to do that? i am a first time mom and dont want her hurting her self if it is to early for her to be doing it ! she crys if u lay her on her back or tummy. she only wants to sit up! and she pull her self up when she is hanging on to mine or my husbands fingers ! so is it ok to let a almost 7 week old baby do this?

Heavenbrwneyez

Asked by Heavenbrwneyez at 6:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sure all babys move at there own pace and as long as her neck is strong enough I would incourage it. Mine loved the bumbo seat and the papasan. it would stink to be stuck on your back trying to discover this big interesting world
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• it's okay for her to pull herself up, but you don't want to pull her up by the arms. You can dislocate either her shoulder, elbow or wrist if you do it.
    sondamom0828

Answer by sondamom0828 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Some babies are just faster than others. If she is wanting to do it let her. Let me tell you first daughter was very early as well. I think it also has a lot to do with how much they weighted at birth. My oldest was 8.1. When she was born I remember the doctors doing tests on her he has his figers out she actually grabbed on and pulled herself off the table no choke. I thought that was odd because I thought that was wayyyyy to early since she was only a few hours old. She was practicly holding up her head at birth and trying to look around. I remember holding her at 3 weeks old making her a bottle and I was holding her on my hip not even holding her head. She rolled over at 6 weeks, was getting into a sitting position and crawling at 5 months, climbing stairs at 5.5 months, pulling self up to stand at 6.5 months and started taking her first steps at 7 or 7.5 months and was walking on her own by 8.5 months
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• every child is diffrent so if she is doing stuff now she will probably learn things pretty fast.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• thank yall !! and she pulls her self up i dont do it !! when i am burping her she stands on her feet too!! at birth she weighed 6 lbs 1 1/4 ounces ! everyone i know is saying not to let her do this because she will turn out bull legged !
    Heavenbrwneyez

Comment by Heavenbrwneyez (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• shhshe trying to get her milestones out of the way making way for a new baby

Anonymous

• Congrats on her doing that. I agree you want to keep a close eye on her, because she's so tiny. But, I don't see a reason why if she's doing it that you can't let her.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010