Hardwood floors and socks?

Does you baby/toddler wear sock on the hardwood floor?
My son (2yrs) falls all over the place when he is running so I never let him wear socks at home (it's all hardwood). My mother in law is getting on my case, she says his feet are cold.

tobys.mommy

Asked by tobys.mommy at 6:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• my grandma gets on my case for the same thing. We have hardwood floors in the whole downtairs and in my oldest dd's room then the rest of the upstairs minus the bathroom has carpet. My grandma gets on me to keep socks and shoes on my kids because walking on hardwood floors gets cold. She even believes to in the summer. My kids wont keep shoes on their feet, they will hardly keep on socks. But what I do is in the summer time I do not make them wear socks because their feet get hot. In the winter I do put socks on them, but they end up off their feet in a couple hours. I don't force it because if I did that I would be putting socks on their feet all day long. My kids are older though 5.5 and almost 3. I don't think I put socks on them when they were learning to walk because of them sliding.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• we have wood floor too we like the socks with the rubber stubs on the bottom. it helps a little
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We had hard wood floors when my kids were little. I just bought the socks with the "grippies" on the bottom. Then they didn't fall.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 6:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Tell your MIL to get over it.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My daughter takes her shoes and socks off every chance she gets, so no, she does not wear socks on our hardwood floors. I figure she doesn't seem to mind her feet being a little chilly, so why should I?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010