I took a leave from my job to raise my son , now living on one pay check which is 600-700 a week (Husband) I feel resentful towards him because I feel he doesn't make enough now that I'm not working would u say something to him??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• The pay is not so bad IMO, are you living in an expensive area? Is he an otherwise great husband and father? If he is then I wouldn't bring up any resentment issues to him, try to make monthly expenses lower.
    Anonymous

• NO my SO makes 300 a week and im not working im pregnant and we have 2 kids already. I dont say anything to him we are ok we arent great but ok. It was your choice to stop working you knew how much he made before you quit work.
    Anonymous

• how do you want to him to make more $??? most people are making 700 every 2 weeks. You are very lucky. Have you looked at where your money is going? are you living beyond your means?

How can you possibly resent your husband for working so that you can stay at home with your son???

If you want more $, go get a job yourself. don't blame it on your husband who is the only one working to provide for you and your son
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You sound really selfish to me alot of women would kill to stay home with their babies if their hubby was making that kind of money!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Find a way to cut out as much from your budget as possible. He's making more than I am, and I'm supporting 3 kids on my salary. It can be done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Are you resenting that he doesn't make enough, or are you resenting that he gets to leave the house every day and go play with the other adults?

It's really hard to adjust to staying at home and living on one paycheck when you're used to having more money.

I did myself a favor. I talked to a financial planner. Did me a world of good.
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 12:07 AM on Nov. 6, 2008