36th week check-up.....

This upcomming Monday is my 3th week checkup and was wondering what happened during yours? Everytime I go in they just weigh me, take my pee sample, measure my belly then I'm done.....I just didn't know if they check out your vaginal area or do anything special?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sounds familiar-- they also palpate belly for position, check pulse, baby's heart rate, and blood pressure, too. I never had any vaginal exams prenatally because the information is irrelevant & can be harmful. I also sat for an hour or two sipping tea and asking all my questions, lol, loved the appointments! :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• No, nothing special yet. They didn't check my cervix until the 40th week.
    CashJulianMommy

Answer by CashJulianMommy at 12:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Sorry, but I think it all depends on your doctor and if you've had any labor symptoms or pregnancy complications. I had my first cervical check at 37-weeks, but as you've read above, you may not. Good luck with your appointment!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You know . Its the same thing for me too,
    But alas they do check the blood pressure...and check the babies heart ,

seems like a waste of time to go in almost EVERY WEEK for a hello and a goodbye,

i dont know if i get a Cervical check since i have to get a c-section but im sure they do and around 36-37 weeks is when i had mine done with the first pregnancy
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:17 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I'm having a planned c-section so it's not at all nessesary. Probably not the case for you, but throught I'd throw it ou there. Did they do the GBS test?
    meitaimom679

Answer by meitaimom679 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2008