Vain question I suppose, but still need info..

I'm going to nurse my baby when its born, but I was wondering how bad does it leave your breasts? Like are they really saggy and unappealing? It won't change my mind about nursing, but I guess I want to know what to expect...Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well, I've nursed 3 children, now ages 9, 2 1/2, and 16 months. My breasts are not bad. I can wear a nice halter or tank with shelf bra without being self conscious. I wouldn't go out in public in like a loose tshirt with no bra LOL but that's because I'm a large 36C. But they look great in a nice bra so I'm not worried :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It's different for each woman. Some women swell a lot, and some don't. Don't let the baby pull on your breasts, and avoid over pumping, which can stimulate too much milk production. The health of your baby, and the bonding experience is wonderful. Congratulations on your little one!
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 11:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Your breasts will sag way more just simply from pregnancy and post-partum than they ever will from breastfeeding. Whether a woman breastfeeds or not, her breasts will change and most likely sag. Even if you don't breastfeed, your milk still comes in and you get all engorged and stretched out. But every woman is different, so who knows what yours will end up looking like.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• It has been scientifically proven that it is pregnancy not breastfeeding that causes one's breasts to sag. I know quite a few women who didn't breastfeed and now have saggy breasts. As for me personally, they do sag but they aren't that bad. Bras just bring them back up to where they are suppose to be. However, mine never shrank back down so I went from a C to a D cup and stayed there. Now that I am pregnant again I am on the verge of being a DD.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Mine sag, and I pumped for two weeks, that was it. It depends on your body, and heredity.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 8:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i was a 36B before i got preggo, i was a 40DD during breast feeding, and now that i'm done i'm a 38C. mine streched out a lot! my poor boobs will never be the same, they do sag, but with a good bra they sit nicely where they are supposed to. and i don't know about anyone else, but my nipps will never be the same either. they are finally healed (they cracked really bad and bled) and they look like a cheese grater got ahold of them LOL good luck with the breast feeding!! = )
    JessTovar

Answer by JessTovar at 2:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Oh honey...I was a 38HH when I was pregnant...there was no hope for me! After I gave birth and got rid of the milk (I did not breastfeed) I went down to a 38GG...
    As many have already said, it is different for every woman. I know girls that have had babies that bounce right back and are in bikini's on the beach the next week. And I know girls that are still struggling to get back after a year or so.
    Best of luck to you and congrats!!
    katespring

Answer by katespring at 3:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2008