Is it ok for a 19 year old girl sexting a 17 year old boy?

I know a girl that has sent naked pics to a 17 year old boy, what would this be considered? I know its illegal to have a 17 year old girl to send a 17 year old boy sex pics, but why would it be ok for a 19 year old girl be able to send sex pics to a 17 year old boy.

By my understanding, what the mom of the 17 year old boy found out that its not illegal, because she is not a minor.

What do you think about this?

1Giovanni

Asked by 1Giovanni at 7:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I think 17 is age of consent for some states. Not sure though. Bump
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• That doesn't sound right. It's by age not gender, unless that state has a weird law, which I doubt. What state was this in?
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 7:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I don't think it is illegal. He is above the age of consent, and she is within 4 years of his age. She is NOT under 18, which would be child porn. And depending on the state you are in it's legal to posses porn (18+ models) as young as 17. So, depending on what state you are in the ONLY law that could be broken would be possession of porn or something similar.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think "sexting" anyone is just a bad idea all around, other than that it seems like a normal age range for a relationship.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I guess its because she sent the pics and she was not a minor so it was not consindered chid porn. If he sent naked pics to her the it would be child porn.

Its in oregon.
    1Giovanni

Comment by 1Giovanni (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• If, in your jurisdiction, the 17yo is not legally able to give consent, it would be sexually predatory behaviour on the part of the over-18yo...

Sending or providing porn to minors is an offense --in all of the US. So if he's a minor for the purposes of that law, the fact that she sent them personally or even that he knows her wouldn't get her off the hook.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Any girl sexting any boy is crazy. I can't imagine wanting to do that. It s really sick.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• NO it's not OK. It's disgusting and a crime!

If she gets caught, she'll be labeled a sexual offender and have a permanent record.

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 8:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It's probably ok with the boy.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Ya carpy I doubt the boy has an issue with it, but the mom is the one freaking out.
    1Giovanni

Comment by 1Giovanni (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2010