Windows

Moving to a place that has 1991 Anderson roll out window. They are long vertically and quite narrow. Any ideas on window treatments for this type of window? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I love wood blinds - but that is just me. You would have to have them made custom for an odd shaped window.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Home depot will custom cut window blinds for you and they are very close to the better homes & garden kinds walmart is/was selling this year
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• They're called casement windows, we have them in our family and sun rooms--they're 6 feet high and vary in width. I have only placed valances called jabots--that taper down about 1/3 of the length of the window, and I also installed balloon/roman shades for when the sun is setting or hot summer days to keep the rooms a little cooler.

You can also do floor length panels or sheers on decorative rods as you would any other window. Even though they are long, most blinds are long enough to reach the bottom of the window.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:59 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• idhave blinds too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2010