first pulled tooth in 30 yrs......???

i had a tooth pulled this morning around 11 i am just now getting the feeling back n my mouth lips n tounge however now i am having an issue with somethingelse...i just ate dinner and this is gonna sound crazy but my food seemed cold but my cold soda with ice seemed hot ummm is this normal should i be worried??? yes i know it sounds crazy but i swear to you it is real im so confused

hiswifey0725

Asked by hiswifey0725 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Health

• Can I ask where was the location of the tooth pulled, back, top wisdom?
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I thought that you had to wait a while before eating after having a tooth pulled. that's what I thought since at one point in time I had my wisdom teeth removed and I couldn't eat anything for a while.I'm sure your mouth is still sensitive to temperature changes right after having a tooth pulled.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sometimes the effect of the anesthesia takes time to wear off. You will notice a tingling sensation at first. I am uncertain about temp changes though. Could just be a sensory reaction to it. Call the dentist if you are truly worried...or wait to see if it improves later on or tomorrow.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• it was tooth number 18 bottom back molar the nurse said each soft foods and chew on the one side if it was solid food i did call dentist when the novicane was not wearing off after 3 hours even after the 4th hour i called they said if i still feel this in morning walk in to be checked i just didnt know if this could be chalked up to a side affect
    hiswifey0725

Comment by hiswifey0725 (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• See how you feel tomorrow when you wake up. Good luck.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• thanks Twink ill update in morning
    hiswifey0725

Comment by hiswifey0725 (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2010